Painting is among the budget-friendly activities that you can do to give your home a new look, making it look inviting and pleasant to the eyes at the same time. Most people try to turn this into a DIY project, and if you are one of them, you should know some important tips and tricks to paint like a professional painter.
However, it is always recommended to seek reliable painting services in Vancouver for the best possible results. With professionals at work, you can rest assured to have flawless walls and ceilings, and you might end up learning a lot of techniques and information about how it is actually done for the future.
5 Pro Tips for Painting Your Interior Walls
So if you have decided to paint your home yourself, here are the five most essential tips you need to know before going right at it:
- Wait for dry weather: Note it down in the rule book of painting to never paint in humid weather. Dry weather allows the paint to dry up quickly without having any moisture left in between the paint and walls. However, in humid weather, moisture stays in color and doesn’t dry away quickly. This dampness results in discolored walls, peeling paint, and patchy paint outcomes.
- Primer is your new best friend: Many homeowners forgo the importance of putting primer on the wall before applying paint. Primer is one of the essential parts of the whole painting process; it helps in bringing out the original color of the paint. Prepping and priming the walls helps the paint to stick to the walls easily and quickly. Also, primer blocks any stains coming through from the previous paint job. So, if you don’t want to end up with weird differently colored looking walls, apply primer before painting.
- Scrutinize your walls/ceilings: It is advised by professional painters in Vancouver to scrape off any old peeling paint before applying the new coat of paint. Any nails sticking out, holes, and cracks should be filled in with putty. By filling in all the fissures before painting, you end up with smooth walls.
Get a realistic amount of paint: When you paint your interior walls all by yourself without any advice or help from an experienced painter, it sometimes results in wither buying too much inventory or buying too little of it.
- When you’re buying paint, talk to the salesperson, measure the walls and area that needed to be painted and then buy the paint canisters. By talking and taking advice from a salesperson or any professional, you will end up saving money on paint and equipment.
- Start from the edges: when you’re painting the walls always put tape around edges and corners to avoid splattering paint on them. Start from corners of the walls and then fill in the middle part.
ALSO READ: Pro Guidelines for Painting Ceilings
Not Sure about Doing it Yourself? Get a Professional Painting Service
You can always hire professional painting services in Vancouver to give your home the look you want without having to worry about ending up with an unfinished look. At Budget and Save Painters, we provide the best painting services all over Vancouver. Our painters in Vancouver have years of experience and training, and they will give the best results to you. We are just a phone call away book your appointment now.