Painting your home is a challenging task from choosing the right colors to ensuring that the job is done with precision to achieve the desired look and feel. But painting the kids’ room requires a completely different thought process. You can get the ethereal and modern look for your entire home but when it comes to the kids’ room, you have to be more creative. The interior plays an important role in their brain development; you cannot put light and sober colors on the walls and take the personality out of the room. If you want great ideas and the best results, the experienced painters in Vancouver can guide you on how to paint your kid’s room.
Choice of the wall colors
Choosing the wall color, as it may seem easy, is a daunting task. Since colors have an impact on our moods, it is essential to pick them wisely. It is a good decision to use shades that will grow with the child’s age and will not look over the top or too childish when they have grown to a certain age.
Using lavender, green, blue, warm yellow, pink, and cream browns will not require a re-paint job as your kid grows older. Using bright colors like red and orange looks would very dramatic and eye-catching but these colors stimulate energy and can be disruptive during nap or bedtime. When you hire color consultants in Vancouver, they help you to choose the perfect color palette. It is also equally important to communicate with the child and ask their preferences for their room decorations.
Ideas to paint your kids’ room
While painting the kids’ room, always keep in mind their age group and choices; this will help in decorating the room more effectively. With painters in Vancouver working side by side, you can tap into ideas that they have gathered from experience working with other clients.
Here are some great ideas to help you get the best paint job done for your kids’ room:
- The use of contrasting colors is the ‘new’ thing. You can add two different colors in the room to distinguish the space into the sleeping and playing area.
- A focal wall or statement wall adds more energy to the room. Use various colors and shapes to make a fun focal wall.
- Add a mural on the wall of your kid’s favorite character or place, or even a video game. It gives the kids a sense of relativity to their room.
- It is important to have a lot of storage for the kids’ room. Have separate storage for toys and books so that kids will learn to take care of their things. Use wall-mounted colored storage cabinets and storage chests to put away all the stuff the color-coding will help them to be more organized and the wall will look different. Also, you can add the conventional chest to put away toys DIY it with the help of your kid.
- Have sitting arrangement in your kid’s room by adding small stools and cushions against the walls; this will help in highlighting a warm color painted wall.
Getting Professional Painters to Work on your Kids’ Room
When you are planning to paint your kids’ room, you can get the desired results by working with a professional painting company in Vancouver. They will help in selecting and guiding you through the whole process making it easier and less time-consuming. At Budget and Save painters, our experts will facilitate you and give you the best trending ideas for your kids’ room. Book your appointment now.