When you paint your home interior or exterior, it is not like you’ll buy a gallon of paint to start painting in the morning and finish by evening. Several little steps have to be followed religiously to get perfect results. You can face severe problems if you don’t have enough information about the techniques and supplies to get the job done in the right way.
As it is difficult to paint a space perfectly, most people prefer hiring a professional painting company in Vancouver. Experienced painters take less time to finish the job and have in-depth know-how of the chemical compositions of paints, textures, themes, and color schemes.
Common Painting Problems & Their Most Effective Solutions
The following are the six most common issues faced by homeowners while painting and their solutions:
- Blistering of paint: When paint starts to show bubble-like swellings, it is blistering as the color is exposed to heat/sunlight before it could dry properly. Blistering mostly happens to the exterior walls of the home, but it can affect the interior also if the wall is exposed to sunlight. To solve this issue, you should always “follow the sun”; this means the north side of the building should be painted early in the morning, the east side late in the morning, the south side well into the afternoon, and the west side late in the afternoon. However, at least two hours should elapse before the new paint film cools to where condensation will occur.
- Cracking and flaking of paint: Small veins like cracks that often appear in the wall make the whole place look old and untidy. Mostly, ineffective preparatory techniques are the main reason behind this problem. If you don’t prep the wall with primer and remove all the dust and grime, cracks will appear on the wall. If this happens, you have to scrape off the paint, prep the wall with the correct procedure, and repaint it.
- Peeling of paint: Paint usually peels off quickly if you haven’t removed or scraped off the previous paint coat properly. To get rid of peeling paint, use sandpaper to remove the coat, apply primer again, and repaint the wall.
- Efflorescence: The appearance of crusty white salt like granules are a sign of efflorescence. It usually occurs due to moisture traveling in the paint from the insufficiently cured cement, underground water retention, leaks in plumbing, and others. To solve this issue, you have to eliminate excessive moisture and repair the wall. Apply waterproof coating on the wall and then repaint it.
- Mold growth: Mold growth is affiliated with moisture or water retention in ceilings and walls. It is extremely dangerous for the residents as it can cause allergies and other breathing issues. To get rid of this problem, you have to wash and clean the walls and ceiling with cleaning solutions, scrub off the growth, scrape the paint, apply the waterproof coating and moisture repellents, use primer, and then repaint the wall.
- Yellowing of paint: It is often seen that the color turns yellow and fades away in rooms that receive low or no sunlight. To avoid the problem, you should use acrylic paints instead of alkyd or oil-based paints.
The Better Option: Hire a Reliable Painting Company in Vancouver
When you hire a top painting service in Vancouver to do the job, you don’t have to face any paint related troubles. At Budget and Save Painters, we provide top-notch services all over Vancouver. Our painters are highly experienced and well trained and knows about the ins and outs of the entire process. Call us to get a quote or book an appointment.