Want to get a fresh look for your interior? Paint it with vibrant colours. In addition to giving a new look instantly, the painting will make the interior clean and full of positive vibes.
You like the idea, but you have never done it before? Then we have 7 interior painting tips to help you:
1. Don’t rush to paint the home immediately. Instead, inspect the whole interior first, to identify the damaged areas. You should not paint on peeling plaster or walls with surface damage. Identify such places and repair them, then leave them to dry.
2. Select the best colours for the walls and ceilings. If you have a colour idea in mind, you should discuss it with the paint sellers, as they may help you decide if you are thinking right or wrong. You may also talk to an interior designer in this regard as well. If you are unsure about your idea, or you don’t have any idea, you can check web images for inspiration. They will give you great colour ideas.
3. Brushes are important for quality painting. So, don’t select just any brushes as a means to apply the paint on the walls and ceilings. They also need to be of good quality, otherwise they will affect the painting results. If you are buying water or latex-based paint, then you should buy synthetic bristled brushes. But, if you are buying oil-based paint, then consider natural bristled brushes.
4. Empty the room completely before you begin your process. If you have heavy beds and cupboards in your room,which you cannot remove, then you should cover them completely with a plastic sheet, or an old bed-sheet.
5. Peel the walls and ceiling. This will enable you to remove all the old, peeling paint. Then clean the wall with a soft-bristled brush. Later, apply wall putty on the wall and leave it to dry.
6. Now, smooth the wall with sandpaper and then clean the dust off with a soft cloth.
7. Now, paint the wall. While you are painting the walls, be careful. Apply even strokes to avoid odd painting, and dab off the paint properly before you apply it on the wall. This will allow you to ensure that the paint does not spill here and there.
If you are going to paint your interior yourself, it is important to know what mistakes people often make while painting their walls. Knowing these mistakes in advance will allow you to avoid them. To know these mistakes, read our previous blog – https://www.budgetpainters.ca/blog/five-diy-painting-mistakes-to-avoid/.