People who enjoy cooking and throwing lavish lunches and dinners or just cooking warm, tasty meals for their family adores a well-put kitchen. But from any angle you see it, giving your kitchen a makeover looks like an expensive job. The renovation involves making changes to several key elements, from the furniture to paint to electrical appliances.
Repainting the kitchen is the easiest and most cost-effective way among the available options. When you change the color scheme of a space, you give it an ornamental look, and the new environment positively impacts the overall setting and mood of the family members.
Painting a kitchen requires skill and foresight, so it is sensible to hire professional painting services in Vancouver. No matter how easy the job looks, it requires a lot of time and efficiency to get the perfect results, which is something you can expect from a team of experienced painters from a reputed company.
A Professional’s Guide for Kitchen Painting and Renovation
If you don’t want to spend a fortune on your outdated and dull kitchen, the following tips will help you to do the restoration on a budget:
- The most cost-effective way to transform your kitchen is to repaint it. You can paint the cabinets only with different textured paints. Add a glossy effect to them or a matte one. Most of us have wooden cabinets in our homes that can be painted over quickly.
- Adding wallpaper to the walls will also do the trick; it is easy to put wallpaper and even easier to remove when you’re bored with the design. You can switch the focal walls by changing the wallpapers. You can also apply wallpaper on you bigger appliances like refrigerator and freezer to make them look fancy if they have become untidy with years of use.
- Add a focal wall in the kitchen if you don’t want to spend a lot on painting the whole place. You can have an accent wall or any themed wall in the kitchen, which compliments the cabinets and furniture.
- Use chalk paint on a wall or pantry door for a makeshift message board or menu card.
- Use the vertical space for storage, paint the wall with a brighter color than other walls, and add slats or frames to store jars and cutlery.
- You can always add new countertops that complement your wall colors. There are several material options to choose from according to your budgets, like marble, granite, resin, wood, glass, laminated material, wood, and many others.
- If you don’t want to repaint the entire kitchen, you can start by adding or subtracting a few accessories. For instance, adding new cabinet and drawer knobs, putting up paintings, adding a focal wall, changing the lighting, and changing the way of storage will make a lot of change.
- If your cabinets’ framework is still sturdy, you can always buy new doors and re-attach them.
Things to do When Painting the Cabinets
The following tips will help you to understand the do’s and don’ts of painting wooden cabinets:
- Clean the wooden surface with liquid deglosser and grease remover and detach the doors and lids from the framework so you can paint them easily.
- Fill any uneven surface and holes if present.
- Scrub the cabinets with sandpaper to remove the previous paint. This also gives the cabinets a coarse surface, which helps the primer and paint stick more securely.
- Apply paint on the cabinets; you can use a standard brush or spray paint machine for an airbrushed look. Give time to the wood to be air dried before applying the second coat.
Work with a Professional Painter for your Kitchen
Giving your kitchen a fresh look doesn’t have to be a costly and tiring affair. You can rely on a professional painting contractor in Vancouver to do the job for you. At Budget and Save Painters, we provide top-notch painting services all over Vancouver. Give us a call to book your appointment today.