To give a new look to your rooms while repainting, you can add accent walls in your home. Accent walls are a trendy way to add depth and dimension to your space. In addition, these walls can help you in making a room appear larger and well put together. Since everyone wants to make their home look unique and stylish, accent walls can be designed according to your home’s needs. For example, you can choose color schemes that complement your existing furniture and accessories, or you can be experimental with new colors and designs.
Accent walls can be added easily in the rooms as they are a single wall with a different design, color, texture, and material. They are put in as focal walls, so if you don’t want to paint your entire room but still want to change the appearance of the space, you can add accent walls that complement the existing paint job.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to accent walls, and the patterns and the color scheme are an essential part of that. If you choose the wrong color palette or design, the whole room will appear tacky and awful. So, hiring a professional painter in Vancouver is suggested to all who plan to repaint their homes.
The Essential Do’s of Accent Walls
The following are some essential tips that will help you in putting up your accent walls more effectively:
- If you have ample space like your dining and sitting lounge are within close quarters without any separators, use an accent wall to add a more personal touch to both areas. This will create a distinction between the two rooms and will also enhance the look of the room.
- It is equally important to understand the location of the accent or focal wall in the room. The burst of colors may appear weird and make your room look busier and more tiny than usual. So, make sure to understand the room’s dimension, from where the natural light enters where it falls, what kind of furniture you have in that room, type of lighting that you’ll use. These all questions are crucial when you plan to put up an accent wall.
- If you have a neutral shade room adding up an accent wall is the best idea, as they work as a bright focal point for the entire space. You can always add patterns and textures of your desire to the wall. Using wallpaper is also a great idea.
- You can use the windows as an accent wall too. Again, the symmetry of the window frames stands out and appears to give a more picturesque look.
- You can use bold colors freely in a larger space and on rectangular walls.
The Essential Don’ts of Accent Walls
The following are some essential tips that are a big NO when you are putting up an accent wall:
- Don’t make the small room look more crowded with focal walls.
- Not all your rooms require a wall defined by colors and patterns. Some rooms and spaces have their natural focal point, which doesn’t need any color to be highlighted.
- You don’t need an accent wall if your existing walls are already of a bright shade.
- Accent walls are not limited to paint or wallpapers only; you can add colored shelving or wooden headboards if the room requires more storage space. This will throw in color as well as work as storage.
- Don’t mix too many ideas to be creative, as accent walls can be made using tiles, wood, stones, bricks, and many other materials. You don’t have to choose more than one idea to build the wall.
Get an Appointment with a Professional Painters in Vancouver
Though it seems like an easy task to add a focal wall in the room, it requires many skills and knowledge of color patterns, color schemes, and textures. If you choose the wrong type of color, the appearance of your room will be terrible as accent walls can make your room look smaller and tackier. Hiring a professional is a wise decision under such circumstances as they know how to mix and match colors, making your space look elegant and trendy.
At Budget and Save Painters, we have experienced and trained workers who will guide you and make repainting your home a more manageable and less time-consuming job. We provide our services all over Vancouver. So, if you are planning to paint your home and add accent walls, we are just a phone call away.