If you plan to renovate your home, wait and think about various ways you can do the task. Renovation always doesn’t have to involve a lot of wearing or tearing of the house, and you can renovate and give a unique new look to your home by painting it more fashionably.
However, most of us focus on painting and giving the walls a new look, leaving behind our ceilings with the same old white color. But, as professional home painters in Vancouver are adopting new painting techniques and styles in Vancouver, more drastic changes are being brought in the color palettes.
Now you don’t have to go for a particular shade card while painting your ceiling. You can choose several shades and home decorating ideas to give your entire room a new chic look.
5 Things to Keep in Mind When Painting the Ceiling
The ceiling is the most neglected part of the room, but it can bring so many changes in the appearance of the space just by adding different colors.
The following are some tips you should keep in mind while painting your ceiling:
- It is Okay to Experiment: While painting, you don’t have to stick to the standard color palette used to paint the ceilings for years. You can think out of the box and be a little experimental with the shades and themes. Painting the top with different colors adds more character to the room and creates new diversions for the natural light to fall on the furniture and walls, creating a unique style.
- Utilizing the Space: Ceilings are a blank canvas that can be used to make your room look bigger or smaller, just with the right color and texture. You can add a false ceiling if you feel that the room is way too big. Also, if your space is smaller, you can paint the walls and ceilings of the same color to create an illusion that doesn’t differentiate between the walls and ceilings.
- You Can Use A Finish/Texture: Many people think that various paint finishes or textures are only for the walls. You can apply texture and paint finishes to the ceilings also. By doing so, you can add depth and charisma to space.
- Prepping Is Necessary: If you think your walls need all the attention and cleaning because of spills and scratches and your ceiling is safe and clean, you are wrong. Ceilings are equally dirty and full of dust and grime. You have to clean them thoroughly before applying the primer and paint if you neglect the prepping of the ceiling, then it may cause untimely flaking of paint and cracks.
- Use of Natural Light: It is equally important to understand the architecture of your room. If your space has windows and doors that allow natural light to come in, take that into account and then choose the color scheme for the space. As natural light plays a key role in altering the color shades, making them brighter, dimmer, or losing their sheen way before time. It makes a massive difference in the result after painting the room.
Getting a Pro to Do the Hard Work
It may seem easy to select the paint for the ceiling and do it all by yourself, but it is a rather tricky task in reality. It requires experience and knowledge. Your ceilings have the power to make your home look elegant or shoddy just by its color scheme. So, to avoid the disastrous outcomes of a tasteless color palette, hire a professional for the job.
At Budget and Save Painters, we provide top-notch services all over Vancouver. Our painters are well-trained and have years of experience in the field.
If you are planning to paint your home, we are just a call away.