When you want to change your home’s look, a splash of new paint is a cost-effective way to get fabulous results and a fresh appearance. While you are looking for color schemes for your home’s interior and exterior, you are likely to come across various types and brands of paints that fall under different price ranges. Several companies offer the same shade of color with a considerable variation of price. This discrepancy makes most people go for a more pocket-friendly option, thinking that they will provide the same result as the expensive counterparts.
But the question is: are the more inexpensive paint options provide the same results?
If you are working with an experienced painting contractor in Vancouver, you can easily get the answer. But for those thinking to paint their bedroom or outside walls themselves, here is all you need to know to make the right choice without compromising on the quality of the paints used.
Are Expensive Paints Worth the Money?
When you go to a convenience store or supply store, you’ll see shelves loaded with a variety of options to choose from. The key is to do your research and get information for each paint brand and type available as the paint’s quality will affect the result and durability.
Why should you buy $40 per gallon (approx.) of paint instead of $20 per gallon (approx.)?
The following reasons to help you understand why the pricier brands are worth the investment and are recommended by reliable painting companies in Vancouver:
- Quality of paint is an essential part of the painting process. The expensive paint has more titanium in them, which readily sticks to the wall and primer. Secondly, such colors have primer mixed in them, which gives them a more airbrushed and glossy look.
- As good quality paint carries more titanium, it spreads effortlessly on the wall providing more coverage. Whereas the cheaper paints have clay bases requiring more coats and appear chalky with a brush or roller strokes.
- The expensive paints with good chemical composition will hide the previous color on the wall better than the cheaper alternatives.
- When it comes to durability, the expensive paints do a better job of staying on your walls for years without fading or crusting away.
- Good quality paint can be easily cleaned and washed. They even come with anti-bacterial ingredients, which prevent germ build-up on walls.
- The high-quality paints are also environmentally friendly and will cause less or no allergies to the painter.
So, do expensive paints save your money? The answer is yes!
It is good to set a budget for the supplies while ensuring you have set aside enough to invest in quality products. Buying expensive paints from known companies is a beneficial investment long-term as the paint will not peel or fade away with time.
Bring in an Expert Painter for the Job
It is advised to hire a professional painter for the job as they have more information about the techniques and quality of paints best suited for your home. At Budget and Save Painters, we provide top-notch painting services all over Vancouver. You can count on our painters to guide and help you pick the best paints for your home, ensuring the paint job to last for a long time. Contact us today for appointments and quotes.