They say that home is where the heart is. It takes people years of hard work, love, and passion to be able to afford that dream house they always wanted and when the time comes, there is obviously a lot of planning that goes into designing the house. One of the steps during the process is deciding the combination and contrast for the floor and walls. Here we discuss the best wall colors to match hardwood floors recommended by expert color consultants in Vancouver and why you should opt for these options.
Why choose hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors are amongst the most aesthetically pleasing choices available on the market today. Not only are they affordable and easy to install but also simple to clean and maintain. Hardwood floors in Vancouver are strong and if properly cared for, they can resist natural elements to stay in beautiful shape for longer. The biggest benefit of hardwood floors is that they so much room for creativity when you go out to pick the right wall colors to go with it.
Types of hardwood floors
There are various different types of hardwood floors available. The choices vary depending on the wood that is used to make the tiles. Every floor has a different shade, texture, and finishes based on the materials used inside it. Here are a few mainstream types of hardwood floors available out there:
- Maple: The most popular hardwood flooring option. The design has a light granular effect to it, enhancing the overall look of a room.
- Rosewood: Only recently introduced to flooring and has a unique pattern of grains with a wide range of colors.
- Walnut: If you are looking for a darker tone of the wood floor then this is the option to go for.
Hardwood floors are not limited to these types but there are several others like Cherry, Pine, Hickory, Ash, and Lyptus etc.
Best wall colors to go with your hardwood floors
Generally, hardwood floors can be classified into two types based on the colors. These are light and dark hardwood floors. A few suggestions from professional color consultants in Vancouver for wall colors for interior painting to go with the respective hardwood floors:
Light hardwood floors
- Tan: There are different shades to tan itself ranging from light to dark but either way they complement hardwood floors greatly.
- Cream: This color carries that yellowish tinge to it which provides warmth while blending in with the floor effectively.
- White: The ultimate all-purpose color is white and it can be made to go with any floor type.
Dark hardwood floors
- Beige, Greige or Taupe: These are some of the most frequently used shades and although they are light, they accentuate dark floors beautifully.
- Pale colors: Lighter walls are more effective in making the floors and their design more prominent.
Picking the best option
Where a light hardwood floor provides limited options, darker tones can be matched with a lot more colors. Ultimately, the choice of color lies with the owner. It is up to them how they want to transform the vision in their head into reality.
If you are looking to get the best combination for your interior, we at Budget Painters can help you make the right selection, as our professional painters in Vancouver have worked their magic on many homes with hardwood floors. talk to us today to learn more about your wall color choices for hardwood floors.