Walls get dirty in a home quite quickly, especially when you have kids and pets around. Adding to that, the dust in the environment and weather changes take a toll on your walls. To keep them fresh and clean, you have to wash them once every two months, depending upon the surroundings. Dirt patches or even stains make your home appear dirty, and if walls aren’t clean frequently to remove stains and dirt, you have to call in a professional painter in Vancouver to repaint them.
Cleaning the walls not only keeps the home appear fresh and appealing, but it also enhances the life of the paint. However, there are some precautions you need to take before you can start doing the task.
How to Clean Walls without Damaging its Paint?
While cleaning the walls, it is equally important to understand that all kinds of paints don’t have the same composition. You must know what type of paint material is used, so you don’t end up damaging them with chemicals while cleaning. The best way is to ask your painting services company in Vancouver to provide you with the right details of the paint used.
The following is the most simple and safe way of cleaning all kinds of walls:
- Get a dry brush or cloth and wipe all the dust from the walls first.
- If you are planning to use bottled chemicals, make sure they are the mildest one, so you don’t end up damaging the paint.
- The most common homemade cleaning solution is made by adding dishwashing liquid and baking powder in a small quantity to a warm bucket of water. It usually does wonders, making your walls all clean and shiny. If there are any tough stains, use water and baking soda paste to wipe them directly.
- Using tools like long brushes and sponges is the right decision. Avoid using thick and abrasive materials for scrubbing.
- Wash or wipe the wall with clean, warm water in the end after applying the cleaning solutions.
Using these techniques, you can easily clean the walls and get rid of any stains, tar, grime, and dust. Also, if you have kids around, you may have crayoned or splattered walls. In this case, using the simple solution of water and dish soap will help you in getting rid of the marks.
Different paints require different cleaning techniques
All paints have different reactions to the cleaning agents. So, it is crucial to start with water and dish soap first to get rid of the stains. It is also vital that you do know what kind of paint is used on your walls so you can clean it accordingly. For instance, enamel or semi-gloss paint can be washed, whereas satin, eggshell, and flat paint can come off quickly if they are cleaned with a robust solution or scrubbed too hard. Cleaning your home becomes more comfortable if you have correct information about the materials and tools.
Ask the experts about the paint before you start cleaning the walls of your home. Budget & Save Painters provide reliable advice as we have been providing top-notch painting services in Vancouver.