You want your home to look perfect from inside out, but certain issues should not be neglected when it comes to its maintenance. Most people do a home repainting job in Vancouver to give it a fresh new look; however, the issue that tags along with it is of peeling and chipped paint.
Peeling paint can turn your beautiful home into an unpleasant structure, while your clean bathrooms and kitchen into an unsanitary place. Paint can start to peel within a few days after you have got the job done or it could take years to start getting chipped. Expert painters in Vancouver suggest that it is pertinent to look for the reason behind the peeling paint instead of re-doing the wall or ceiling again and again as it will come off if you don’t treat the root cause causing the damage.
Why paint peels off from walls and ceilings?
If you are planning to repaint your home, it is advisable to work with professional painters in Vancouver as they will not only help you in giving a modern look but also assist you in handling concerns regarding peeling paint on the walls and ceiling. Apart from being unpleasant on the eyes, the peeling paint is also dangerous for your health as it can cause allergies and breathing issues.
The following are some reasons behind peeling paint:
- If there is too much humidity in your area, it can become the reason behind peeling paint in your home.
- Check out if there is any internal accumulation of water within the walls or ceiling.
- Paint does not stick to dirty surfaces easily so, make sure that the walls are clean before they are painted or else it could lead to peeling.
- Low-quality paints can sometimes be the culprit. This is because oil paints crack under high temperatures and dryness, but both latex and elastic paints tend to expand and contract under changing temperatures, so they are ideal for painting your bathrooms and other areas that receive more moisture in your home.
How to fix peeling paint in your home
According to expert painters and color consultants in Vancouver, you can fix peeling paint from walls and ceilings by following these tips:
- Check for leakages and plumbing issues before re-painting the walls and ceiling.
- If there are any cracks in the walls, fill them up with compound to avoid water retention, which can, later on, affect the entire surface.
- Scrape off the peeling and chipped paint to get an even surface. Check for dampness and if the surface is dry, you can apply primer to smooth out the wall.
- Once you have made all the checks, use high-quality oil-based paint for repainting areas of your home that receive high moisture content.
ALSO READ: Getting a Paint Job Estimate in Vancouver?
This may seem like an easy process of checking the walls and ceiling for moisture and dampness and getting rid of cracks and holes, but it is better left to the expert painters in Vancouver. So instead of considering it a DIY job, you should work with a reliable painting company that can help you to repaint your bathrooms and make sure that the paint doesn’t peel off again. At Budget and Save Painters, our experts make sure that painting your home becomes a hassle-free experience for you. Book your appointment today!