If you are painting your home, it has to be done right the first time as the results are quite visible as soon the paint dries. And if they are not up to the mark, you’ll have no choice but to start from scratch again. This task is time-consuming and requires the right kind of skills to ensure the best possible results. That’s why most people generally recommend hiring an experienced painter to paint your home. Since dozens of professional painting contractors in Vancouver, it is challenging to choose the best one.
Hiring an expert painter will save you from a lot of trouble, while an amateur can land you in a lot of trouble. You have to do your homework before investing in hiring a professional painting contractor.
5 Checks to Perform Before Hiring a Painting Contractor in Vancouver
The following are five essential things you should do before you hire a professional painter:
- Workmanship Warranty: A reputable company will always back their work with a warranty. Before hiring a contractor, you should ask for warranty details; many companies provide a workmanship warranty or manufacturer warranty. So, it is vital to get all of the elements jotted down in the contract.
- Free Estimates: A well-known contractor will never shy away from giving a quote for the project. The approximate estimate includes prep-work, labor wages, materials, and any other additional supplies. Well-established painting companies will never ask for a deposit; if it asks for a deposit, this might raise a red flag that it cannot afford to buy materials or might not be able to pay its painters. This sometimes creates issues during the project and affects the painter’s efficiency to deliver finished results on time.
- Subcontract for Any Job: Always ask whether the painter has the resources to fulfill the project’s requirements or put a subcontract and hire other contractors to do a specific part of the project. This helps estimate the project timeline, and you can do a background check on the other company beforehand.
- Proof of License and Insurance: Never hire a contractor that doesn’t provide you with satisfactory paperwork from the authorized institutions. Suppose you hire someone without a license and insurance. In that case, the chances are that they will do a substandard job, and you can’t hold them accountable for any damages or unsatisfactory results.
- Consultation Support: You might need consultation for deciding the best paint for your concrete, wooden, brick, stones, and any other type of wall material. Or whether your floorboards and windows require a fresh coat of paint. Consultation support is an additional feature provided by reputable and experienced contractors only as they understand customer needs.
Don’t Just Hire Any Contractor!
At Budget & Save Painters, we provide the best painting services all over Vancouver. We provide all the necessary paperwork, warranties, consultation, and fulfill other formalities to ensure our credibility and the quality of our services. We provide expert consultation and give free estimates to all our customers. So if you are planning to paint your home, we are just a call away.