When you decide to paint your home, there is an important question most people miss out to ask: Is this temperature ideal for painting?
The answer to this question could be either yes or no, depending upon your area’s current weather conditions and whether you are thinking of painting your indoors or outdoors. For outdoors, it is, of course, a big no. But for interior painting, it is definitely a yes.
Many of us usually don’t consider the fact that the temperature impacts the texture of the paint. Whether hot or cold, extreme temperatures affect the consistency of the paint and influence the results dramatically.
The thought of painting your home in summers while taking lemonade breaks may sound optimal. Still, it is suggested by experienced painters in Vancouver that you should do interior painting in winters.
Essential Tips For Painting in Winters
The following are some tips that you should follow while painting the interiors in winter:
- The right temperature is one of the significant factors that affect the results of a paint job. Paint sticks to the walls and dries excellently in temperatures 50°F / 10°C to 95°F / 35° If it is too hot and humid, the paint wouldn’t dry quickly and appear blotchy. If it is too cold, the color will not cure and dry, and it will crack after drying. Therefore if you plan to paint the home’s interiors, always keep an eye on the thermostat.
- You don’t have to open the windows to let the fresh chilly air in, to dry the paint. During the winter season, the central heating system creates a perfect atmosphere for your paint to dry on its own as the air is much drier and helps to cure the paint faster.
- You must hire a professional painting contractor in Vancouver to get the interior of the home painted. It is also beneficial for you as the cost of labor and other service charges are much lesser in winters than in summers.
- Try to start early and finish early in the daylight. Experienced painters give this advice because the paint appears different in day and slightly change the shade under electric lights.
- Clean the walls thoroughly before painting, fill in the holes and apply primer to get the perfect texture.
Work with the Winter Soldiers at Budget & Save Painters
At Budget & Save Painters, we provide top-notch services all over Vancouver, all year round. We know how to paint houses in different climate conditions and employ tried and test techniques to ensure that you get the best possible result from the paint job. If you plan to paint the interiors of your home during winters, we are just a phone call away.
Call us and get a quote today.