When you are repainting your home, the perfect opportunity to let your creativity shine comes when you paint a kids’ room. Kids don’t know much about painting, textures, and designs, but they can certainly give some of the best ideas. It is always a wise decision to ask your child how they want to decorate their room to know what they’ll love to have on the walls. Hiring professional painters in Vancouver is a great idea as they will assist you in the process while ensuring the best results.
Ideas for Painting a Kid’s Room
Take this perfect opportunity of painting your kid’s room and create a fantastic small world for your child. Most children like fictional characters, sports themes, and other similar things. Use what they like as the inspiration to craft a cozy and convenient space for your kid.
The following are some ideas that will help you in deciding what to do when painting a kid’s room:
- Explore Ideas: First things first, always ask your child about how they want to paint and decorate their room. Also, do keep in mind the age of the kid because they easily outgrow the things they like rather quickly.
- Murals: Painting murals on the walls is one of the fun ideas you can use. Murals can be of characters, various themes, or just drawings of random things. When you paint murals on walls, you get a chance to experiment with color schemes. This will help in making the room look bigger and brighter.
- Chalkboard on a Wall: If your kid loves to doodle and scribble all day long, you can paint a chalkboard using chalk paint on the walls of their room. You can paint just one focal wall entirely or paint two walls with chalk paint while the remaining walls with any other pastel shade.
- Light and Dark Colors: Using stencils to paint shapes on walls is quite a fad nowadays so, you can buy stencils of your kid’s preference and paint the room using a combination of light and dark color schemes.
- Accent Walls: If you don’t like murals or think they take a lot of time to paint, you can always have an accent wall in the room. Having an accent wall makes the room look larger, and it also adds a bit of boldness to the simple pastel room since accent walls are painted with bright colors. You can also paint in an accent image on the wall like a tree, spaceship, animal, stars and moon, and many others.
- Child-Friendly Colors: When painting a kid’s room, always choose a child-friendly color scheme. Colors like blue, purple, light yellow, pink, green, and other similar shades give calming surroundings. On the other hand, colors like red, orange, brown, etc., provide brightness to the room. You can use both palettes to paint and create a calming yet vibrant environment.
ALSO READ: Pro Tips to Painting Your Interior Walls
Hire a Painting Services Company in Vancouver
When you are painting your kid’s room, consider working with an experienced and reliable team of painters to make the job easier for you. At Budget and Save Painters, we provide excellent services all over Vancouver with great value for money. Our painters are trained and have years of experience. So, if you are planning to paint your home, we are just a call away.