When it comes to painting a single room of our place, we all do a pretty fine job. The results are not highly professional but still look polished. However, when you plan to paint your entire home all by yourself as a fun DIY project, you can get into real trouble if you haven’t calculated the time and amount of product required to complete the project.
It is always advised to hire an experienced painting contractor in Vancouver to paint the interiors/exterior of your home. You just have to be diligent and make sure to do some research and background checks on the contractors before you choose them for your home makeover.
But to help paint your entire house, we have jotted down some really useful tips for you.
Tips for painting your home professionally
- It would help if you planned when you are painting your home. Buy the supplies beforehand, select the paint shades in advance, make sure you have ample time on your hands to complete the project; otherwise, the results will be uneven and blotchy if you paint the rooms over a more extended period.
- Buy tarps to protect your furniture or carpets. It gets challenging to remove paint splashes from such things, and it also ruins the fabric’s original color after cleaning with chemicals.
- It is always wise to prioritize the rooms from where you’ll begin to paint. It is advised to paint the bathrooms first, then the kitchen, and lastly, the bedrooms and living area. However, you can prioritize your rooms according to your usage and needs.
- It is essential to use a good quality primer to make your paint stick to the walls and paint a more finished look. Also by using a high-end primer, you save a lot of paint from being wasted as the brush rolls on the walls more smoothly and evenly with the primer’s help.
- Have a designated painting station where you keep all your supplies and equipment, so you don’t have to run around looking for stuff when you need it. Also, by keeping all the things in one place, you can monitor paint usage and avoid overbuying.
- To protect the corners, you have to tape the ceiling and doors/window frames. It is always an excellent decision to tape off the entire room first and then start the painting. By taping the corners first, you avoid being slowed down during the painting process.
- Nowadays, so many new techniques are being introduced to make the room look more elegant. You can have accent walls, textured walls, shaded walls and many others.
ALSO READ: Tips for Home Repainting When You have Pets
Hiring an experienced painter in Vancouver
Painting your home may sound like a fun family task, but in reality, it requires a lot of skill and expertise.
At Budget & Save Painters, we provide painting services all over Vancouver. We have completed hundreds of home repainting projects with complete satisfaction and can guarantee the same for you. Our painters are highly trained and professional and will help in every part of the project, from selecting the color palette to protecting the paint. If you are planning to hire a contractor, we are just a call away.