The last thing you want to see when walking towards a house is cracked peeling paint. It creates an untidy look and even lowers the estate value. By enhancing your home exterior, you can increase the property value.
Chipping paint, cracks, mold, fading paint, and many other similar issues can easily be fixed if you invest a little effort in it. If you have plans to paint the exterior of your home all by yourself, let’s establish that it is a tough job that requires technique and more than just basic knowledge of paints and equipment. If you consider the help of an experienced painter, it will take a few days to paint the home’s exterior with precision. So, it is best to hire a professional painting company in Vancouver to do the job to get the desired results on time.
5 Steps to Paint the Exterior of Your Home
- Cleaning Goes a Long Way: First and foremost, clean the walls thoroughly so that all the grime, dirt, mold, or any other growth is completely removed. You can choose to pressure wash your walls first and then apply cleaning solutions to control any mildew or fungus growth in the future. Cover all the windows to avoid paint blotches.
- Repair the Walls: If there are any cracks or damage to the wall, it is always wise to fix them before applying primer or fresh paint as the cracks will reappear after painting if not filled correctly. By filling up the cracks and damage, you get a smoother wall, which helps apply the paint.
- Prepping the Walls: Don’t apply a fresh coat of paint directly to the wall without putting on primer first. The primer helps the paint stick to the wall quickly and helps maintain the paint’s original shade.
- Start Painting: When all the above mentioned prepping is done, you can apply paint to the walls. Always start from the corners and use a brush to paint corners to avoid any paint splashes on the windows and doors. You can use rollers or a paint sprayer to cover the rest of the wall. It is essential to wait for the paint’s first coat to be dry before you apply the second coat.
- The First Line of Defense: Paint acts as the first defense line for your home from the sun, rain, dust, and other elements. You must understand that the paint’s longevity depends upon the surface which is painted and the type of paint being used. Paint degradation on stucco and cement is almost 8-10 years, whereas, on wood, it is 5-7 years. Always be cautious when you are buying paint for the exterior surfaces to choose the right one.
Let an Expert Painter Achieve Perfection for You
Are you looking to get that perfect look for your home exterior but are also on a budget? Well, Budget and Save Painters has been providing their services all over Vancouver for years. We have worked on several residential and commercial projects and have all the accreditations needed to be professional paint contractors in Vancouver. The best part, our painting services in Vancouver are extremely budget-friendly. If you want a quote, we are just a phone call away.