You cannot overlook the importance of a beautiful bathroom because an untidy, cluttered, and poorly painted bathroom sticks out like a sore thumb in your elegant home. A stylish yet sleek bathroom with an appealing paint job catches the eye and interprets your taste in colors and textures.
However, homeowners tend to keep the bathroom as a secondary when it comes to painting as they think rooms are much more important. It is equally important to bring some character to your bathrooms too so that every visit can become fun and royal.
Several homes have small bathroom space, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t turn the smaller area into something elegant. There are painting contractors in Vancouver who can help you in making your bathrooms look stylish.
Tricks to Make Small Bathrooms Look Bigger
The following are some tricks that can help you in making your bathroom look bigger:
- Use the Same Color Scheme: Using a universal tone throughout the bathroom makes the space look opened and larger. Using different themes and colors make the bathroom look cluttered and closed.
- Tiles and Walls: Try to keep the colors of walls and tiles similar. If you don’t want them to be precisely the same, use one or two-tone differences; otherwise, the bathroom will look as if the walls are compact and the area is small.
- Stripes and lines: If the roof of the bathroom is low, then painting vertical stripes will make the bathroom look taller. Similarly, if the bathroom is small, then painting horizontal lines will make it appear more expansive. You can use two different natural warm tone colors for painting the stripes.
- Have a Focal Wall: By having a focal wall in your bathroom, you direct all the visual attention to that one place. You can paint one wall with bright color and the remaining walls with warm pastel shades. It is always ideal to set up a mirror on the focal wall and light, which makes the bathroom appear broader and brighter.
- Natural light: If you have a window in the bathroom, use paint and textures that blend in well with the natural light. Color like white, light blue, green, mauves, and many other blends well with the natural light.
- Paintings the doors and windows: Use light, cooler colors on the doors and moldings. When you paint the moldings with a lighter shade, the walls appear to look a farther back giving an illusion of a larger bathroom.
Painting a Magnificent Bathroom
The debate about whether the all-white bathroom is prettier or bold shades make the bathroom bigger will never end. The idea of painting the home is different for everyone because spaces have their character, so each space has to be designed and painted according to that.
As per experienced painters in Vancouver, the simplest way to make your bathroom look bigger and broader is to use different color tones. Find a color you like and then choose a secondary color that is at least two shades lighter and a third that is two shades darker. Lighter color opens up space, whereas darker colors add dimension to the area.
ALSO READ: 5 Pro Tips to Painting Your Interior Walls
Hiring a Professional Painter
Painting a bathroom is a difficult task as it not only takes time but also requires expertise in selecting the right color scheme. At Budget and Save Painters, we have reliable painters who will guide you and choose the best possible combinations for your bathroom. We believe in providing the best services to our clients all over Vancouver. Contact us now to get a quote and appointment.