Studies conducted by UK Color psychologist, Angela Wright suggest the Color Affect System, which is a very important tool. It can be used to further relationships, and delve deeper into concerns that give clues into ones personality and inner urge. It states the psychological property of eleven basic colors.
Angela recognized there were millions of colors, hues, and tints distinguishable by the human eye. A prime example was the different stimuli that were evoked in the brain when an observer saw a rainy day grey sky over a field of daffodils and the same impression of a rainy day grey sky over a host of concrete buildings. (This study reveals the psychological interchange of colors.)
Paint colors and their promises.
Down the palette of colors are purple, grey, white, brown black, in addition to gold, indigo, magenta and silver. Then there are bright energetic colors like red, orange, yellow, pink.
Decoding the meaning of colors.
Let us discover, which color in a twin way reflects your personality, and through which color one can imbibe certain characteristics.
- Purple: color signifies the spiritual realm. It signifies authenticity, vision and noble qualities like truth and equality. Wall Paints in purple signify these attributes and also portray stateliness.
- Grey: as enhancers of creativity grey is used in offices. By providing an unobtrusive background many colors can be played in the fore with especially bright, warm colors. Grey walls reflect the well established with years of experience behind them.
- Turning our attention is the cosmic white color, where life thrives on another plane of purity, simplicity, efficiency and sophistication. Coupled with green plants and vibrant colors they complete the look of a room. White expresses the need of a person to be self reliant.
- Walls with brown are an interesting proposition. They exude charm, warmth and in combination with warm colors display sophistication.
- Walls in black though used seldom, emanate timelessness glamour. People, whose walls are painted black, show authority, well rounded judgment. They symbolize excellence and substance.
- Magenta colored walls denote a person’s will to live life on his own terms.
These colors are manifestations in paints that most painting companies manufacture. With good eco friendly options, certain attributes can be adopted through the interplay of colors. Build your own scheme. Wishing you lovely painting!